John Forry, Tax Attorney
John I. Forry is senior advisor to private clients in international finance, investment and taxation. He is also a university professor in those subjects.
Professionally he has been, inter alia:
- Senior partner with law firm Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP in charge of the firm’s California offices and its international section’s Pacific Rim and Latin America practices, as well as a member of the firm’s GoverningBoard;
- Partner with Ernst & Young LLP in New York in international taxation, as well as initiator and first global leader of its Infrastructure and Project Advisory group and director of the firm’s Foreign Legal Services Alliances;
- International counsel, principal and managing director with law and accounting firms focused on private clients and mid-market businesses;
- Co-founder of a prominent U.S. West Coast forum for international tax professionals.
At academic institutions he has been most recently:
- Director of Tax Programs and selected International Programs and Professor in Residence at the University of San Diego School of Law;
- Visiting Professor to instruct individual Courses at Peking University School of Transnational Law (China);
- Direito GV (Brazil);
- Montpellier University School of Law (France);
- And Ecole Supérieure de Commerce, Toulouse (France);
- Adjunct Professor in the LL.M. and J.D. programs at Fordham Law School (New York).
John has served on the Advisory Group to the U.S. Commissioner of Internal Revenue and on numerous professional organization committees and projects. He has authored or co-authored six books and approximately 50 articles on international finance, investment and taxation.
He is a graduate of Amherst College and Harvard Law School.
John Forry’s FAQs